Tuesday, April 20, 2021

{7.27.20 - 8.2.20}

On our way to bed, Matthew and I ran into Axel on the stairs. Silly kid!! 
Lyla started fall soccer! She is so excited! She is all arms and legs and I love watching her play! It's been fun to have her so excited to play! I felt so bad though! For her first game, I looked at the wrong schedule. Instead of looking at the kindergarten schedule I looked at the first grade schedule. So we showed up after her team finished their game. Her coach was also coaching the first grade team so she let Lyla play with them. The first thing that happened when Lyla got on the field, was someone kicked the ball and it hit her square in the face. All the kids seemed like they had been playing for a few years and knew what they were doing and here was poor Lyla who had never even so much as seen a soccer game. The rest of the season went really well and I think she had fun once she survived her first game. I felt so bad!!
I love my hummingbird feeder!! I love that I can sit on the porch and that they will still fly into the feeder and see them up close and personal! // This picture kills me!! Axel is so stinking funny, brushing his teeth, all dressed up in his undies and a bow tie! 
We had our annual Sorenson Family Reunion this week. We went down to Cedar City and mostly just hung out at a city park there. It was fun, as always! 
Crystal had her friend make all of us girls these shirts. We all wore then the same day and went on a hike to Cascade Falls. We passed a man on our hike who asked if we were okay and it took us all a minute to realize that he was referring to our shirts. (I hope I'm not the only one who didn't catch on right away! Haha!)
Axel and Alya looking at the falls. // Eli thought they were pretty great! 

We also hung out for a bit at the local reservoir. 
This picture makes me laugh so hard! Eli did not want to be out there in the water, especially when Dad threatened to really get him wet! 
I think he ended up enjoying himself, though! 
We stayed in a hotel room, which was quite the adventure. The kids were so excited about being there that going to sleep was almost impossible. We finally figured out we could turn on a boring mom and dad show so the kids would be distracted and hopefully get bored and eventually fall asleep. Eli would not sit still to save his life, but he finally settled down with dad enough to crash. // I'm grateful I have people who will take pictures of me with my kids. I know I am far from a perfect mom, but I love my kids fiercely and I hope I am making some fun memories with them! 
Fast asleep--finally!! 
The boy cousins that were at the reunion this year. 

The girl cousins (and a couple of aunts) at the reunion. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment