Tuesday, October 20, 2020

{5.11.20 - 5.17.20}

Matthew and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary this week!
We went down to Bryce Canyon, which is, of course, absolutely beautiful! 
I was able to convince Matthew to take a few trail hikes with me!
And one good thing about COVID-19 is that there were very few people in Bryce Canyon! 
We hiked to Milky Falls...
...which was pretty impressive! I can't wait to bring our kids back here!

We also hiked to Grosvenor Arch in Kodochrome Basin. This picture doesn't even do it justice! It was pretty crazy!
We hiked through a petrified forest. I can't believe how beautiful petrified wood can be! // This is a petrified tree in the park.

The colors are just so pretty and some of these pieces of "wood" are so big! 
Here is another shot of Grosvenor Arch. With us as scale you can get an idea of how big it is! 
As always, Bryce Canyon can just take your breath away! 
We did a lot of driving and you probably know how much Matthew and I enjoy taking pictures of all the wildflowers on our trips! We found some Oregon Grape and some Penstemon. 
Obviously there were some beautiful cactus flowers
I don't know what this one was called but we almost didn't even see the flowers because they were almost just camouflaged. // A little sego lilly. 
Some Cliff Rose and some pink Penstemon (I think)
And of course some cute little daisies! And I do mean little! // This is view from the top of Milky Falls. The water was moving so fast! It was so fun! 
We also drove into the little ghosttown of Widstoe and wandered into the cemetary and found some of Matthew's relatives! We found Charlotte and Carel Mangum who were Grandma (Anavoe Mangum) Barnes' Aunt and Uncle and their children, Zelma and Leon Mangum. 

(This picture is a little out of place but during our hike, which I will tell you more about below, I thought these boys were lost wandering around the backside of this giant rock!) // The kids loved spending the weekend with Jeni while Matthew and I were celebrating our anniversary! They all drew this cute little fire dragons from Frozen II and I am continually impressed with my girls' artistic skills! 
And they love that they get their own Sip-Its when their aunts come! I usually just make them share a big one! Haha! 
Eli was practicing his Yoga with me one morning. // I love all the pictures Axel draws for me! And I love how he writes his name! Look at his cute little lion at the top of the picture! 
Silly boys!! 
So we are going to try to hike, or do some kind of something with our friends, the Yardleys once a week all summer! This week we went on a hike near Mayfield and found some petroglyphs! 
Audrey's daughter is the girls' age and her son in Axel's age! We love having friends to explore with and I'm glad Audrey knows lots of places for us to go explore! 
Who even knew we had petroglyphs right here, 20 minutes away from our house!? 
These kids are all great little hikers and I am looking forward to more of our adventures this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment