Friday, June 21, 2019

{4.29.19 - 5.5.19}

5.4.19     My baby is one. It's so crazy to me! He is such a happy boy and he' starting to pull himself up onto everything and practice standing on his own. He hasn't taken any real steps yet, but I have a feeling he's close. He was not feeling well for quite a while this month but he seems to be feeling much better because he is so happy! He has eight teeth but I have a sneaking suspicion he's got one or two more coming in in the back. He likes to eat, but he loves to throw his food on the floor. He still likes to nurse in the morning, but we have weaned him off of every other feeding. I thought he would be done nursing when I left him for the weekend to go on my girls trip, but when I tried to give him a bottle for his morning feeding when I got home he would have nothing to do with it. But that's fine with me. I've said it before - he does more baby stuff longer than my other babies have done and I am fine with him being my baby as long as he wants to be! 
We had a little birthday party for him and he did not like the attention he was getting! Matthew's family was here to celebrate with us and so there were lots of people singing at him and staring at him and it made him nervous. He barely touched his cake! Haha! Silly boy!  
This is about the look he gave us the whole time we were trying to do his cake smash. // Look at him trying to stand on his own!  
It's a good thing he has sibling who can make him laugh. I love that they were kind of his "safe space" when so many people were making him nervous! // He doesn't love when his legs touch the grass. Oh, he's so cute!  
Nana bought Eli his own little wagon he can push around! He loves it, but he doesn't get to play with it very often because Axel thinks it's pretty great also. 
I wish you could see his little handprints he traced on the paper, but it was so cute! // The kids got to meet their little cousin this weekend! They were pretty smitten!  
I burned this piece for a family friend. Uncle Jim shot a beautiful buck on what the men renamed "Jim's Ridge" so they carved "6X6 Ridge" on an aspen tree on the ridge. A few years ago the tree fell so my friend took the piece they carved and asked me to burn a backing board for this piece of aspen. I had so much fun creating this piece and I had my friend send a picture of the buck Uncle Jim shot so the horns on that buck are the horns of the buck Uncle Jim actually shot! // These kids and their helmets and their wagon! Love them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment