Saturday, February 9, 2019

{1.14.19 - 1.20.19}

Lyla tried to get to the stairs via the railing and got stuck. It was hilarious! She surprisingly handled it really well and I got a pretty good chuckle out of it. And it still makes me chuckle just to look at this picture! 
Peek-a-Boo!! This baby is just too cute! 
He is so happy when he's walking around!! // Good morning Lyla! I'm not even sure she was completely awake before she crawled out of bed and up the stairs. I loved it! 
Axel inherited the puzzling gene! He always wants someone to help him with a puzzle and he's getting so good at finding where the pieces go!  

Matthew is so excited that he one of our kids will finally do this with him! He has tried it with all of them and Eli is the only one who has figured it out! He's just so big!!! // Axel has decided that napping is for the birds so we've tried to at least have him rest for an hour or so. It usually only lasts about 30 minutes but he needs it and I'll take what I can get. He loves his resting time because he gets to hang out on Mom's bed reading books. I walked in while he was resting one day and he just looked so cute with his book propped up on his knees flipping through the pages!
I have a couple of little dino geniuses. My sister said it best when she said the good news is that I can stop putting money in their college fund because obviously they are getting scholarships! Haha!
Seriously, though, Axel will come ask me what the name of a dinosaur is and my response is always "You'll have to ask the girls." Lyla can tell you the name of any dinosaur and they can both tell you all about them. They know which dinos are carnivores and if they prefer red meat or fish, herbivores, omnivores, land dinos, water dinos, if they have feathers and how many claws they have. They know how many kinds of triceratops there are and they are trying to convince me that there is no such thing as a pterodactyl -- apparently that's changed since I was little, much like Pluto!
They are so smart and their ability to retain information (as long as it's interesting to them) is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment