Thursday, January 18, 2018

{9.25.17 - 10.1.17}

I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends who invite us to do fun things! Our friends Luke and Diana have a family cabin up in Ashton, ID and they invited us and another family to join them for a weekend at their cabin and a day in Yellowstone! (Pictured: Alya, Alexa, Annalyn, Lyla)
My kids traveled amazingly well! They loved playing with their friends and exploring the trails we walked on to see some of the sites. Axel refused to be helped while we were hiking. While we were at Mammoth he wouldn't let anyone help him over the hundreds of stairs we walked or the steep hill we had to climb to get back to the truck!
Lyla & Alya

Or course we saw lots of Bison...
...visited Mammoth Hot Springs...

...along with all the elk that were visiting!


We saw a little black bear. He cause quite the commotion with traffic. People were stopping and getting out of their cars in the middle of the road. It was kind of a nightmare, but at least we got to see a bear...
...fed the fish--or at least we tried to feed the fish! It was getting too dark by the time we got there so it was really hard to tell if the fish were actually eating.
...saw a mama moose and her calf...
...and enjoyed the view and Cave Falls!

I don't even remember what Alya was sad about in this picture, but she only wanted her Dad to make her feel better! And I love this picture!
She wasn't sad for too long. Here she is, torturing her little brother. But don't worry--I think he loves it!
 Annalyn and Alya. These two always play so well with each other when we get together!
Diana was nice enough to give my girls some new footie pajamas, so of course we had to take a picture of all the girls in their new PJ's. I have no words to explain how much I adore these pictures! I love the laugher and joy on their faces!

It's so fun to spend time with our friends whenever we get a chance! These are some great people and I'm glad I get to call them friends! Thank you for such a fun weekend, Luke and Diana!
On our way to (or from?) Ashton, we stopped at Grandma and Grandpa's house and found this enormous, amazing spider's web!

One of the highlights of the trip for me was when drove down to Rexburg to spend an afternoon with my Grandma and Grandpa Cheney. I haven't seen them in years! I'm pretty sure the last time we saw each other was when I was in high school. I was so happy that they were able to meet my kids and I am so grateful for the chance that I had to spend an afternoon with them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment