Tuesday, June 21, 2022

{6.21.2021 - 6.27.2021}

Another summer day at the lake is a day well spent! // Jeni came down and we met my aunt and a couple of her granddaughters here. It's always fun, but the kids loved having friends to play with!  

Alya just chilling on a floatie. Living the life! 
Summer days can be exhausting sometimes! 
Eli made a cute little Anna! // On Sundays we either watch a movie or play a game as a family. Eli gets bored of the game pretty quickly so today he came prepared! 
I don't know that I have ever seen these wild flowers anywhdere but at the Grazing Pasture. I'm sure I'll see them all over the place now, but my goodness they are pretty!
Matthew has spent his nights back up on the mountain looking for his bear. He left his tag at home tonight so the kids and I ran up to his truck and left his tag for him. It's funny how things worked out tonight though. I missed the turn off to his truck so the kids and I drove quite a bit farther than we had planned, but it was a beautiful evening and we were in no hurry, so we just enjoyed the drive until I decided to turn around. We finally made it back to his truck and I let the kids walk around and explore a little bit. 
We just moseyed around a bit and then it started to sprinkle a little bit so we decided to get back in the car and head home. On our way home it started to rain a little harder and I got a text from Matthew (who was stuck in his tree stand with the rain beating on him and the wind blowing his tree around) asking me to check the radar for the weather for the night. So I had to pull over and try to look at the radar for Matthew. It took me quite a while to figure it out! Haha! 
We finally got him a message sent about the weather and kept driving, but I pulled over a few times to take pictures of this amazing rainbow! (I wish the pictures did it justice!) So I was still in Spring City, only about 10 minutes away from Matthew, when I got a phone call from Matthew telling me he GOT HIS BEAR! So the kids and I just turned around and went back up on the mountain. 
It had rained pretty good and the kids were all in shorts, the girls had flip flops on, and we hiked down this hill to see the bear. It was slippery and cold but it was so cool to go down there and see Matthew's bear! I am so excited for him! It's such a big Utah bear! 
Sorry for the blood, but look at the size of those teeth (especially compared to Matthew's fingers!!)
The fish and game guy came to measure it and sign whatever it was that he had to sign to make it all legal...(you'd have to ask Matthew what all that is about! Haha!) But he and a guy in our ward who is a big hunter were also very impressed with the size of this bear! I can't wait to get him back from the taxidermist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment