Friday, April 22, 2022

{5.24.21 - 5.30.21}

I honestly never thought I'd be someone who just takes her kids to the lake to hang out for the day, but I love that this has become a new favorite summer activity. 
I am so glad we have this little spot so close to us and that it's just so easy to load up our beach toys (never thought I'd have a tote of "beach toys" in my garage either) and the kids and run to the lake for the day. 

The girls had their May Day program at school this week. It was really hot and the boys were pretty restless, but it was so fun to watch the girls do their little performance! And now that that's over...WELCOME SUMMER! 
We had to find a laundromat in Utah County that had enough machines for us to wash many sleeping bags at once. At said laundromat, there was a little coin machine that I let the kids pick a prize out of. Eli picked this...awesome?...tattoo! Haha! // Gardening season is upon us! Snotty noses and dirt do not mix well! 
I caught Lyla just lounging on the side of the garden box like this. She is such a glamorous gardener! // Alya caught a fish at Yuba!!She's so proud of herself! 
I love nights like these!!! // He is such a ham!!!
So is she! // Like father like son. My heart could explode! 
I mean!!!!

We went over to the Scandinavian Days festival. The kids got to sift for some gemstones/rocks/fossils/whatever was in the cup they dumped into the makeshift river! 
Admiring their collections! (Lyla//Alya)

Happy birthday Matthew! This guy is truly amazing! He has been through some really hard things and puts up with a lot from me. He works so hard for us and even though I give him a hard time about how often he goes hunting without us, I know that he loves to spend time with me and the kids and tries hard to give us opportunities to do things as a family. I hope he had a good birthday. (Also...that looks like too many candles on that dessert, doesn't it?! We can't be getting that old!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment