Friday, April 23, 2021

{8.17.20 - 8.23.20}

The girls started 1st grade this week. Thanks to Covid, and as much as I don't like it, they have to wear masks to school. I think they are kind of a novelty though and they have been excited to have new accessories! I hope they don't have to wear them all school year, but I don't have high hopes. 
I am not used to having to get kids ready and looking cute and out the door by 8:00 a.m. so we were kind of in a rush to get pictures done! This year they have Mrs. Jarvis. Lyla's favorite book is "That's Not My Mermaid". Her favorite colors are red, pink and purple. Her favorite food is pigs-in-a-blanket and when she grows up she wants to be a "draw-er." 
Alya is also in Mrs. Jarvis's class. Her favorite books are books with tabs that she can flip. Her favorite color is black and her favorite foods are macaroni and cheese with bacon and BLTs. When she grows up she wants to be an inventor. 
It's been a big week at our house! We are officially done with binkies!!! Eli decided he wanted to cut his last binkie and now he wants absolutely nothing to do with them! And look at those lips!!!
Eli brought a stick inside that he has just been playing with. He got quiet for a minute so I went to see what he was doing. He had gone and pulled a marshmallow out of the pantry and piles some toys into his "fire pit" and roasted a mallow! So funny! // He has also been cooking me dinner every night. He goes to our drawer and pulls out all the toy food, puts it in the strainer and sets it very carefully into the oven. Then he waits a few seconds and says "hot" while he waits. After a bit he lets me know it's done, so he pulls it out, puts it back in his bowl and we pretend to eat, then he puts it back in the drawer. Except for the one day when he forgot to pull a couple pieces out and I preheated the oven before checking if anything was in there. Oops!! I caught it before anything caught fire, but it made me nervous. 
The boys have been wearing their jammie shirts up on their heads like this and they pretend to be long eared puppies. It's pretty funny! 
Getting in couple more trips to Palisades before the weather starts to cool off! // He's doing so good on his little bike! 
I love these happy boys! 
Axel became fast friends with another little boy we saw at the lake. I think this was our first time at the lake by ourselves. It's always more fun to have friends, so thank goodness Axel was able to find one! 
How cute is that face!? He's pretty excited about the new truck Nana got him for his birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment