Sunday, June 23, 2019

{6.17.19 - 6.23.19}

 Axel fell asleep on his couch the other day with his head on the ottoman. I went in to take a picture of his just as he was waking up and as he stretched and moved he just fell right off! I caught this picture just as his head was hitting the ground. Oh man, it was funny but he was not happy! (He didn't fall that hard, I promise!!)
I turned the sprinklers on for the kids again and they all thought it was great! They let me turn it up to where even their faces were at least getting splashed. Eli had a blast!!! He thought it was just the greatest thing! 
Grandma and Grandpa came down to stay with the boys so Matthew and I could take the girls to see the pageant since this is the last year in production. I think they had fun! Alya's favorite part was "all of it but especially all the angel and Jesus." Lyla's favorite part was "the part where Jesus came down and the children got to run to him." 
The primary also has the chance every year to go help pick up garbage the morning after one of the performances and when they announced this in primary a couple weeks ago the girls were so excited to go clean up the temple grounds! So we got up early on Friday morning and went to the temple. They did so good walking around picking up garbage! I was so glad they were so excited to go do a little bit of service!
We made a paper chain to help count down the days until the girls were done with pre-school. It's been quite a challenge lately to get them at all motivated to do school. I think it made it so hard for them when they realized that their friends were all done with school so they just really didn't want to have to keep doing it. This week they got to tear their final chain off the wall! // Axel is getting pretty good at his winking skills! 
We headed to the park today after summer lunch and had so much fun! Eli loved the swing, which was a little surprising to me because he usually doesn't love it...he tolerates it, but doesn't seem to like it much. But today he did! And he was just so darn cute!  
The girls had their little pre-school graduation this week! They were so funny! We kind of went our separate ways after we signed in so the kids could all go take their final testing. When they were done with their tests they got to come into the room all the parents were in one at a time and pose under the balloon arch. Each child was introduced by the Upstart staffers..."This is Lyla. She just graduated from Upstart and she wants to be a doctor when she grows up." // "This is Alya. She just graduated from Upstart, and she doesn't know what she wants to be when she grows up, but her favorite food is macaroni and cheese with bacon." Haha! Also, she walked down the hall and stood there with this look on her face the entire time! It was so cute!  
I think they are pretty excited to be done with school and they cannot wait until Kindergarten!  

 Here is my burn for "historic"
 I made a couple of tweaks to it after I posted it on social media. I added a few more details to the tree on the left and obviously put our last name and the year we were married. I think it's pretty! 
 This is a commissioned piece I finished! She has a son name Max so she is going to put this in his room above his bedroom door! 
This prompt was for trees. I decided to free-hand this one instead of sketch something out and transfer it onto the wood. It's far from perfect but I'm pretty happy with it! It was good practice if nothing else! 
At the park there is a little dirt BMX-type track behind the playground. The kids luckily rode their bikes to the park that day and actually spent most of their time motoring around the track. They were so brave and did so good and I was very proud of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment