Thursday, November 29, 2018

{9.10.18 - 9.16.18}

I've seen people that live around here post pictures of their kids at the Keebler Tree but I strggled to find out where it was - even when I asked friends their response was that they could drive to it but they couldn't tell me how to get there. I was pretty excited when I finally found it online! So I took the kids and we loved it! They are looking forward to the cookies that the elves are going to leave for them next time! 


The girls raced ahead to finish our hike and they waited for me and the boys on these rocks. When I caught up to them they told me they were the Little Mermaid! 
Morning snuggles! 
We are growing a few giant pumpkins this year!  
I love, love, love how he holds onto me. He has a pretty amazing grip and it's just so sweet!! If I reach back when he's crying in his carseat or when I put him in his bed to go to sleep he instantly grabs onto me with his titan grip and I feel so bad when I have to pull away from him! 
My babies are {FIVE} How in the world did that happen!?
These girls are quite the roller coaster! Haha! They are the best of friends and they can fight like cats and dogs. They love to make up knock-knock jokes "knock knock? Who's there? Pumpkin! Pumpkin who? Pumpkin the tub, I'm drowning!" (The actually joke is Dwayne the tub, I'm dwowning!)
They love to draw and do puzzles and they can be great helps around the house. They love garbage day because their job is to put a new bag in the garbages! They also tell me a lot lately that they are bored, so I go through a list: have you done your school? You could do a puzzle. Go make your bed. Color. Play with blocks. When they don't want to do any of those things I suggest something like, dust the floorboards, or clean the doorknobs or vacuum your room and they are all about it!  
As often as they disagree they sure love each other and really look out for each other! If one of them is in trouble the other one really feels it!! It's pretty fun to watch their bond!
Alya is in the 50% for weight (41 lbs) and is in the 90% for height (3' 8.5"). She is a little social butterfly. She loves to be around people and can throw a tantrum like nobodies business. She is a little puzzle master! They were given a pattern puzzle game a couple of years ago and she is so good at it and could sit and work on it longer than she really likes to do anything else. She's already sick of school (Ha) but she is doing so good!  
Lyla is in the 50% for weight (40 lbs) and is in the 90% for height (3' 8.5"). She is a spit-fire!! She is very stubborn and likes to try to give me ultimatums..."I'll only eat my lunch if you get me some juice!" and she tells me things like "this is the last time I will eat these carrots in my soup!" She still get so attached to things and is still my little collector! She loves her Tooke (little pink deer stuffed animal) and lost it last year. She prayed almost every night that she would be able to find him so Matthew and I finally bought her a new one when we decided we weren't going to be able to find her old one. We hid it in our camp trailer so the next time we went camping the girls found it and Lyla was the happiest I think she has ever been! On the same note, while we were camping she found a bullet and thought it was the greatest thing! Unfortunately she lost it about two minutes later and was devastated!!!!! Her world was shattered! No matter how many times Matthew and I told her she'd probably find a new one she did not believe us! Ten minutes later, she found another one! Haha! She has some pretty crazy extremes! 
Evening walks are great! Axel has to be in front of the stroller and the girls are doing so well on their bikes! // Sometimes I look at my girls and wonder when they grew up, like when Lyla just goes bounding down the stairs or when she talks on the phone like this! Ha! She wasn't even using her hands for anything!   
These fires are crazy! My grandpa lives in Payson and sent me this picture from the fires in the canyon near his house. So sad, but so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment