Wednesday, May 16, 2018

{4.23.18 - 4.29.18}

The girls like to pretend this broken thermometer is a clock. They always run to it to check the time, and Axel loves to do everything his sisters do! And he's so cute! // This is what happens when your dad has been working out of town all month and you don't want him to leave again. (Alya) 
Picnics outside are so glamorous! (Lyla) 
Alya // Axel is just so cute, I can't even stand it!  
We are finally prepping for the new baby at our house. The kids loved helping me clean the bassinet and car seat!  
38 weeks. I love that Alya is showing off her little "belly"!  
Matthew got me and the kids out of the house for what feels like the first time in a really, really long time. We took the kids fishing and they loved it! The girls looked for crawdads and snail shells and they made sure to find some for Axel, too!  
She's beautiful! (Lyla) // This little fishing pole she's using caught the biggest fish! 
Alya has the cutest smile, but she doesn't know how to smile when I pull out the camera! It's so funny to me! // Axel enjoyed his hot dogs by the fire tonight! He is such a cute kid! 
These are just a few of the crawdad claws they found.  
(Alya) // Lyla is pretending to be a crawdad. Because I thought she was so funny, so found a bird feather and made me take a picture of her being a bird...then she found a rock and wanted a picture of her being a rock...then she found a snail shell, and -- you guessed it -- wanted a picture of her being a snail shell. She's such a goof ball!  
This is the fish caught by Lyla's tiny little pole! He was so big!  
Axel loved it!!!!! When Matthew noticed the pole was in the water, he ran over to grab it, and while he was reeling in the fish Axel was running back and forth along the shore line. It was so funny! I love this look on his face!!
I love this picture! Axel thinks the fish is the coolest thing ever, Lyla can't focus at all on me because she's upset I asked her to stand in the back where she couldn't see the fish very well, and Alya is giving me one of her on-demand...smiles...? 
This was such a great night! It was fun to sit and watch the kids playing together. I don't think we've ever been fishing where I was able to sit for as long as I sat tonight. We enjoyed our campfire and our campfire dinner, but most of all, it was just great to be out as a family doing something we love! 
A beautiful Otter Creek sunset! 

No comments:

Post a Comment