Sunday, August 13, 2017

.eleven months.

7.25.2017 - eleven months

Once Axel turned ten months he started walking like a pro! For a while he had to use something to pull himself to standing, but now he stands himself up with no help from anyone or anything!
He prefers walking over crawling and he just thinks he is so big! While we were camping this last week he was walking all over the place and he doesn't want help from anyone. Usually if we try to hold his hands he shakes free from us because he just wants to do it on his own. Sometimes he will let us help if he's in a tricky spot, like when he was trying to walk up the hills - but he even practiced those on his own and got really good at balancing and shifting his weight! He'll be shed hunting with his dad in no time!

His top middle teeth are coming in and he has the cutest/cheesiest smile! He is so friendly and still smiles at just about everyone. He also scowls at just about everyone and it's pretty funny!

He laughs at everything and sometimes it's out of nowhere...like he just had a funny thought or something! He still laughs at his sisters all the time! It helps if they are laughing, he just thinks it's so funny!

I went out of town for a young women's activity for a couple of days and my sister watched my kids for the weekend. While I was gone we ran out of breastmilk so Axel has started drinking cows milk. He has handled it really well! He's not at all picky about his milk! He didn't have any trouble transitioning and we don't warm it up for him, but he hasn't complained about it at all! He still nurses in the morning so we'll see how does when I completely wean him!

He likes to go swimming and he enjoys the bath tub, but he is so independent! He doesn't like it when I lay him down in the bathtub to rinse his hair and he is so wiggly I get nervous to let him go while he is in the bathtub...so we kind of butt heads when it comes to bath time! The pool is another story...he actually likes to stay close to me while he is swimming...I don't know if it's all the kids or just that it's a new space that he's not completely comfortable with yet. I don't mind, though! I would much rather have him clingy at the swimming pool than wanting to do it all himself.
He loves the splash pad, though! He just wanders around and sometimes gets surprised when the water hits him out of nowhere, but he just keeps walking around and playing in all the puddles he can find! He loves to splash!!

He likes to yell. Really loud. I think he's learned it from his sisters when they throw fits...but he does it just for attention. It's just a high pitched, shrilly yell!! It's really hard to listen to...especially in the car! But he loves his voice and likes to talk, and I like to hear him!

He sleeps so well!! The girls still get me up at night more than Axel does! I'm so grateful that he is a good sleeper! Even through growth spurts and new teeth, he sleeps like a champ!

I cannot  believe he is going to be a year old next month! I don't know where the time has gone and I wish with all my heart that time would slow down a little! But since I can't make that happen, I will just try to enjoy every moment I have! He makes it pretty easy!!

Love you Little Man!!


No comments:

Post a Comment