Monday, July 10, 2017

{7.3.17 - 7.9.17}

The girls get really excited to show Matthew all of their library books. I loved listening to Lyla read to him and her sister. 

Happy 4th! (Lyla, Axel, Alya) 
I love these kids and I get so excited for them to experience new things and new holidays. I love this picture of Lyla, and I always want to remember how small they are and how magical things are to them. // I love Alya's chubby little hand and Axel in the background. Keeping him away from the pool was not easy! 
We love getting together with our friends! It was fun to spend the holiday with them. (Alya, Lyla, Alexa and Annalyn)
 Alexa, Annalyn, Alya & Lyla
Let me tell you a story about this years' Fourth of July. While doing sparklers, Lyla could not wrap her mind around the fact that the part that just burned was hot. Multiple times she grabbed the hot part and burned her little fingers. She finally figured it out, don't worry! 
Later, Alya was playing with her sparkler. I looked over at her as flames wrapped around her torso and started climbing up her sweater. I ran over to her and started beating out the flame. It probably looked more like I was beating her. All I could think was that I had to get this flame out before it went too far. It was the scariest thing I've ever experienced! She was fine...other than the fact that I scared her to death! I am so grateful no one was seriously hurt! 
I'm glad that even after such a scary experience, she was hesitant, but willing to try again! 
A new first! The girls got to jump on the trampoline with the sprinkler underneath! 
Another first - running through the sprinklers. I think it's so funny how they would hold their breath when they ran through! (Lyla) 
(Alya) 
I had the opportunity to go on our stake young women's fourth year high adventure camp this year. We went down to Moab and floated down the Colorado River and then we repelled and hiked to a watering hole. It was a lot of fun and very hot and I am so glad that I went! 

Grandpa Great (Matthew's Grandpa) passed away this week and we were able to get to Idaho for his funeral. He will be dearly missed but we are glad that he is in a better place and free of pain. My kids did awesome, my girls are beautiful and of course they had to wear their glow stick necklaces from our 4th of July celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment