Thursday, June 22, 2017

.nine months.

5.25.2017
Nine Months

Axel loves to walk, but he can't quite do it by himself yet...consistently anyway. So he needs help, but he only wants the minimum amount of help--he refuses to hold both of my hands when we are walking! I predict that he will be walking this month.
He is getting really good at standing on his own. He'll pull himself up to something and then let go and stand for a few seconds and then very gently sit himself back down.
He gets into EVERYTHING! Nothing is safe with Axel around. He's my little explorer! He pulled out all the toys and movies from off the shelf and tried to climb inside, because he just wants to see and explore it all. He also likes to climb things. He's getting really good at climbing over our legs or Mo if we are in his way and he has climbed onto the dishwasher door, he has tried climbing up the front of the stove (grabbing the handle and stepping up onto the warming rack) and he tries to climb onto the railing.
His third tooth came in on April 27 and his fourth tooth came in on May 16. They are both bottom teeth. His tooth on the far left side has grown much taller than the others and it is so funny when he smiles and talks (which happens pretty much all the time) to see the one tooth so clearly! 

He is such a Mama's boy! Which I love!!! But sometimes it makes things really difficult. I feel so guilty when I need two hands and can't hold him when he wants me to. Or when I hand him to someone else so that I can finish something I need to get done and he cries and cries, like I have just totally betrayed him!
He gives the best hugs! I love when he wraps his little arms around me, and the way he nuzzles into me. It doesn't happen very often, but man, it's so sweet when it does!

Axel gets slap happy, like his sisters. It's so funny! It's easiest to get him to laugh when he is tired and his dad is really good at getting him to laugh!

Axel loves Mo! We went camping one weekend, and even though we took Mo with us, when we got home Axel was so excited to see Mo. It was like he was just so happy to have his buddy back in familiar surroundings! He followed Mo everywhere he went and grabbed his ears and gave him kisses and laughed, and Mo would either lick Axel, or try to move away from him and Axel would just laugh and chase him and do it all over again. It was pretty funny! He really does like Mo, and I think Mo likes him, too!

Axel learned how to drink from a straw this month! He's so funny, though! He will take a couple sips from the straw and do really well, but then it just becomes a game. He sips from the straw, but he is not really thirsty, so he just spits out whatever is in his mouth. It's kind of funny...kind of not. It makes me a little nervous for when all of his liquids come from a cup.

Axel is 30 inches long (95%) and 19.2 pounds (30%). He is tall and skinny, probably because he is always moving and as much as he likes eating, he looses interest pretty quickly...he has places to go!!
He's so crazy and so busy, and we love him SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment