Sunday, January 15, 2017

{12.5.16 - 12.11.16}

Honestly, most days, I feel like I am not very good at this mom stuff...my girls spend WAY too much time watching TV and not enough time outside or even just inside without the TV on. But sometimes, we have moments like this, where they play so cute together! Tucking each other into their "beds" and singing lullabies while they cuddle. Or times when they run up and down the hall pretending to be the "pittiest sairy" (prettiest fairy) or unicorns or Anna and Elsa, or Jake and Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Those times are good times!  
I kind of wish that some of their pretend play consisted of something other than characters from their favorite TV shows...)
Mr. Axel is figuring out his balance! #pleasefreezetimeforaminute 
He is such a happy baby!! Even though he still only naps for 30 minutes at a time!  
So on our way home from Salt Lake one night, I decided to stop in Provo to see Santa. The girls knew exactly what they wanted for Christmas this year (sparkly chapstick) so I thought they would be so excited to ask him for it. On our way there, the girls both fell asleep in the truck. I debated on just letting them sleep and continuing our drive home, but I was worried that they would be so disappointed that we didn't stop...so I woke them up! They cried and cried. The whole time. I didn't realize it was an outdoor Christmas village thing, and we didn't have coats...just jackets and blankets. So they were cold and tired and ornery. I kept threatening to leave and not see Santa and Lyla said, "otay!" which was not the reaction I expected! Haha! They refused to even go near Santa - who was not a very good Santa (but maybe I was just frazzled...) and they cried some more. It was a terrible experience! 
At least I got a picture of Axel with Santa! 
We later had a chance to see Santa at our Walmart. Alya was still too shy to have her picture taken with him, unfortunately.
Ultimately, I have decided that next year (and probably every year after that) we will be sending letters to the North Pole!

No comments:

Post a Comment