Friday, July 17, 2015

pic.a.day {7.6 - 7.12}

We are officially a binky free household!!!!!
Lyla and Alya have always been the biggest binky babies. They have always been awesome sleepers, unless they lost a binky. When the binky fell out of their mouths, it was tragic. For the longest time, pretty much the only reason we had to get up was to go find a binky for them. It even turned into them needing two and then three binkies in order to fall asleep. They needed one in their mouth and one in each hand. So a few weeks ago, I got impatient enough to cut the tip off one of each of their binkies. They were pretty mad. They kept telling me it was "boke." And every time I put them down for a nap or for bed, I had to let them (especially Lyla) know that, yes her binky was broken, but it was okay, because she was just going to hold it in her hand anyway. It definitely took some getting used to. When they were okay with one broken binky, we snipped the tip of their second binky. It was a much easier transition. So Monday morning we woke up and I asked the girls if they were ready to break their last binky. They both brought their binkies upstairs. They sat on the counter and happily watched me snip their last binkies. I made a big deal about the fact that ALL of their binkies were broken. I had kind of prepared myself for the worst, and it went WAY better than I had anticipated. So for nap time, and bedtime for about a week were...I wouldn't say rough...but the girls struggled a little. It still takes them quite a while to fall to sleep, but they don't cry anymore. They never asked for their binkies, and they don't even want to hold them when they lay down. Now they like to give out lots of hugs and kisses before they will let me leave the room. They like me to rock them while they help me sing "Rock-a-bye Baby" over and over again. I love it. Sometimes it's hard to get to the door and have Lyla ask to "hug you" for the fifth time, but I can't bring myself to just ignore her request. I hope she'll always want to hug me, but just in case, I'll take all the hugs I can get while I can.  
Mon: Popsicles for days.  
Tues: Painting and/or coloring for days.
Wed: They couldn't throw their poppers hard enough, so we taught them to stomp on them.
 Thurs: Sliding with D at the park by Tia's house.
Fri: Grandma let the girls pick some flowers from her yard.  
Sat: Ever since they got to ride on Dad's tractor, they ask about Dad every morning. They say "Dad, work, tractor, essen (orange)."  Lyla says "essen" for orange...Alya surprisingly almost says the word "orange" perfectly.
Sun: A flashback* ... fishing during our last camping trip.

*Most of these pictures were flashbacks...you know me...not really great about taking pictures lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment