Friday, July 17, 2015

pic.a.day {6.29 - 7.5}

Lately, I feel as though a lot of my posts start out with "I haven't been very good about taking pictures lately..." or something to that effect. So, you probably won't be surprised that that's how this one is going to start out! I'm finding that there are a lot of summertime activities that aren't really conducive to keeping my camera close by. When it was cold outside and we were in the house, I didn't have to worry about walking away from my camera, or getting my camera wet, etc. etc.
There have also been days where I have just wanted to enjoy the time that I am spending with my girls and not worry about documenting every minute of every day. (I know I am exaggerating... a little...)
As I have said in the past, though, none of us really cares if there is an actual picture from literally every day of the week, we just like looking at pictures of my crazy cute little girls. Who are honestly little girls. They really are no longer my babies. I used to refer to them as my babies, but I have noticed more and more that I refer to them as "my kids." They are KIDS!!! When did that happen!? They no longer need me to entertain them all the time. I find them engaged in parallel play more often than not - even though they usually HATE to share any amount of space together when they are playing. (Heaven forbid Lyla sit on the same side of the table as Alya.) They talk in sentences. They are cute little broken, mixed up sentences, but I almost always understand what they are trying to tell me. They have amazing memories, especially when it comes to songs. They are really good at filling in the blanks to songs that I didn't even think they'd ever heard. We have been playing "name that tune" lately with some of their favorite Disney movies. I swear, before I even finish singing the first word of a song they are shouting out the name of the movie. It amazes me. They are so funny! They are so creative. They LOVE to color. They LOVE to paint. They love to play with play-dough and beads. Alya has started collecting all the "baby flies" (tiny butterfly) beads, and if Lyla tries to get a hold of any of them, all hell breaks loose. She likes to sleep with them, she likes to have them in her hand or on the table (or sometimes on the floor next to her) while she eats. She has been very possessive of her things. It has really been hard for her to share, and she has been throwing some pretty amazing tantrums. Matthew is afraid she is just a brat by nature...I keep reminding him (and praying) that it's just the terrible twos. Because, ya know...they will be two in 2 months.

We spent the long 4th of July weekend with Matthew's family in Idaho. We had a lot of fun with them. We did fireworks and had a kind of picnic outside. Matthew and I took a little time to ourselves and went and saw the new Jurassic World movie. And since I was not very good about taking pictures this week, here is a weeks worth of pictures from one day! But they are really cute, so I hope you enjoy!

 Alya posing after a relaxing swim.
Lyla's favorite thing was throwing water on everyone. Both the girls would get a cup full of water and "sneak" as well as a tiny girls could sneak up to their target to throw water on them. Lyla usually threw it way too early, but it was pretty cute.
 Fireworks on July 4th. Happy Independence Day!
 Alya. I love her.
 A hot dog picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment