Saturday, June 25, 2022

{7.19.2021-7.25.2021}

This week was our 24th of July camping trip! My favorite weak of the year! We camped on the Boulder and it was beautiful! We got rained on every day so it was a little cold but that meant that we were able to light a campfire so I guess I can't complain too much
I love that we do this trip every year and I love seeing all of our kids get to play together! (Lincoln, Alexa, Annalyn, Beckett, Alya)
The other moms are a lot more fun that this mom! Diana brought all kinds of crafts for the kids to do, it seems like we all brought games for them to play, Lindsey brought balloons and made animals and swords for the kids, someone brought glow sticks, Becky took all the kids on fourwheeler rides...the kids were very busy all week long! 

Axel and Ainslee were best buds all week! They were so cute! 



I thought this moss was so cool! // Ainslee was so nice to let Axel practice riding a two wheeler on her bike. He got pretty good at it! I think I know what he might be getting for his birthday! 





It was just so beautiful all week long! 



We went on a hike to Cascade Falls. You can see petroglyphs in both of these pictures...can you find them? 

I think this is our whole group that went on the hike!



We made it to the falls!! 




These people are just really good people, and I say it every year, but this trip is like my Christmas! I almost start counting down the days until next year on the last day of our trip!
(We had to get a picture of the Bankheads seperate from the rest of us because they had to leave early.)
It's so fun to see how these kids grow and change, and see the new additions every year! (Alexa, Eli, Lyla, Alya, Riley, Sophie, Annalyn, Lincoln, Ainslee, Axel, Beckett, Colter, Graycie)




On our way down from our hike it started to rain. All the dads and some of the kids had made it back to the trucks, but some of us moms and a few of the kids were caught in the rain storm. It started raining so hard and so fast, I think it was a legitimate flash flood. It sounded like lightening was striking right above us, it was SO loud. Water was running down the trail. By the time we made it to the pavement we were walking through inches of water. It started to hail on us just as we made it to the little pavilion thing with the maps...we had to take shelter underneath it for a minute. By the time we made it to the cars we were DRENCHED!!!!! It was pretty crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment