Tuesday, April 3, 2018

.eighteen months.

2.25.18

It's crazy for me to look back at pictures of this little boy and see how much he has grown up and changed in just a year...or even in the last six months. He has the funniest personality and, oh how I love him! 
Axel can sign please and more and he has started saying the words while he signs them, but all you can really understand are his vowels and sometimes his "s" sounds. Whenever I pull out the camera, or he can see himself on my phone he happily exclaims "CHEESE!!!" He is starting to talk more but you really have to know the context of what he is talking about to understand him sometimes as he is really good at his vowel sounds! Mostly he just repeats words that we tell him to. 
He says "Dada" or "Deedee" for Dad. He says Lylylyly when referring to both Lyla and Alya. He says drink "deen," "Mom" (he doesn't call me Mama anymore...it's always Mom.) He says "uh oh" and says "owl" anytime he sees one. 
He can tell us what sounds cows, frogs, pigs, snakes, owls and bees say. He is getting better at telling us what to say for a deer ("shh") and what an elk says. He's always getting really good at horse sounds and bird sounds. And when we see a picture of a spider he knows to smash it! 
He loves it when I make fishy faces and it always leads to a kiss! 
He loves to push things; strollers, our popper (vacuum) toy, and buttons. He even knows which buttons to push on the T.V. to shut it off or just change the channel so the girls can't watch their show! Haha! 
He loves to play with cars, trucks and trains and he blows the cutest kisses!! He just puts his hand in front of his mouth and blows. He likes to blow out candles and he always blows on his "hot" food. One of my favorite things that he does is when he thinks something is hot, he will sometimes pick it up (obviously I only let him if it's not actually hot) and hold his other hand up like one does to warm their hands on a fire, and says "hot, hot!" It's so cute! 
He is still a mama's boy but will say "hi" to almost anyone. He's started nursery and I can tell that the separation anxiety phase is setting in, though as he has struggled to let me leave him in there, so that is a work in progress. 
We sure love this little man. I hope I don't turn his life too far upside down when the baby is born! 

No comments:

Post a Comment