Tuesday, September 27, 2016

.one month.

9.25.2016

My sweet boy is a month old! He weighs 11.3 pounds (50-75%), is 22.5 inches long (50-75%) and has a head circumference of 14 3/4 cm (10-25%). I had to pack up most of his newborn clothes already. He is wearing 0-3 and 3 month clothes and size 1 diapers.
He is so pleasant - rarely upset...unless he is really hungry or if I eat ice cream. Apparently he has a sensitivity to dairy, and it seems like it gets really bad when I eat really rich dairy, such as ice cream. It's going to be really hard to avoid one of my favorite desserts!
He is getting better about being swaddled. I have convinced him, I guess, that it's good for him! He naps much better when he is trapped! Sometimes, he even prefers to not be rocked to sleep - he cries and cries and won't take his binky and squirms in my arms until I lay him in his bed. Then he is perfectly content and will usually fall right to sleep. Other times, he LOVES being cuddled and rocked to sleep! He is also starting to enjoy his binky more when he is tired. When he is awake, he is perfectly content to just hang out and watch everyone!
He is a great eater! His sisters used to nurse for at least 45 minutes, and Axel is usually done within 20 minutes. Sometimes I try to drag it out just so I can have more one on one time with him! Haha! I love the way he rubs my side while he is nursing and while I am burping him he will sometimes pat my back. And I almost always get sweet baby kisses (probably on accident while his head is just bobbing around) while I am trying to burp him. He usually wakes up as soon as he is done eating and is wide awake, alert and happy for at least another 30 minutes. It's wonderful!
He definitely had his days and nights mixed up for the first couple of weeks, but he has turned that around. He seems to be a great sleeper at night - sometimes I even miss our middle of the night feedings if I am too tired to hear my alarm...he will just let me sleep!
He has such a sweet smile that he usually only shows us when he is dreaming, although he has smiled at least once when he was awake!
We sure love you, little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment