Thursday, May 21, 2015

Pic.A.Day {5.11 - 5.17}

A couple of big things happened this week! As I mentioned in a previous post, I started potty training the girls. And as you know, it did not go as I had planned. Which is not surprising! Anyway, I had the girls in diapers for a little while and one day, I was letting them "air out." I thought to myself, I will just put them in a diaper if they have an accident.
By 1:00, Lyla was accident free!!! Every time she had to potty, she told me! I have been so proud of her! Her accident free streak lasted for a while. I dropped her off at my sister's house for the weekend, and I think she had a few accidents over the weekend.
This week has not gone as well for her. I don't know if she's just adjusting to being home again, or if it's just a lot to remember that she is not wearing a diaper. She's had more accidents than not, but I am still really proud of her! She is working hard and I am just planning to continue to let them go at their own pace. I really don't want to push the potty training right now. I really thought they were ready when we jumped in with both feet, but I don't think they were quite as ready as I thought they were. Lyla is definitely showing some progress though! I am so proud of her.
Alya is mostly just happy to be wearing her diaper. She just doesn't care! She'd much rather just play, and not have to worry about when she has to use the potty!

May 15 was mine and Matthew's five year anniversary. We took the girls up to my sister's house and went down to Blanding to hike to some old Indian ruins...and "explore" as Matthew calls it. (By explore, he means that he hopes to find some...collectors items...)
We had a great time and saw lots of pretty things.

 Mon: Lyla loves Hominy. Here she is licking the spoon to get every last drop of Hominy that she possibly could. // Tues: This is how they help me make muffins. I love it.
 Wed: Dad set up the tent in the backyard, and it was a HUGE hit with these two.
 Thurs: Watching (and smelling) the rain. Notice Lyla's not wearing a diaper!!!
 Fri: The House on Fire.
 Sat: Us.  
Sun: We camped next to Lake Powell for our final night away. It was beautiful! We had such a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment