Monday, April 6, 2015

we're going to the zoo

So, the last Wednesday in February (and throughout the winter) the zoo does a free admission day. I planned with my sister and mom kind of last minute to meet up with them to go to the zoo on the 25...of February. Because it was so last minute, my mom wasn't able to get out of work, but Judi was able to take the 25th off. At about 11:30 the night before the girls and I would head up north, my sister called and said "we're going to the zoo in March, right?"
 
It was pretty comical!



So on March 25, we took Lyla and Alya to the zoo!


We had so much fun - the girls LOVED seeing all the animals. Alya was mostly interested in the rooster that was running around. She chased it for quite a while, and kept yelling "cock-a-doodle-doo!!" It was so cute!




They rode a carousel for the first time and were unsure of it at first, but then they both were pretty heart broken, and cried and cried when they had to get off.




They also got to ride the zoo train. Every time we saw the train go past while we were exploring the zoo, we had to stop what we were doing and they would pump their arm while yelling "choo, choo!"




I am pretty excited to take them back to the zoo! Matthew said he would take us back this summer and I am definitely going to hold him to it! It was so much fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment