Friday, November 28, 2014

five years

{I meant to post this yesterday...sorry!}

Five years ago on Thanksgiving (Nov 26) the most amazing man had me get out of bed at 3:00 in the morning and took me on a four wheeler ride up near Oxford Peak above Downey, ID. We got up on top of the mountain way before the sun came up. We sat with our backs against the four wheeler wrapped up in blankets, and me in Matthew's arms. 
We talked and made lists of things we were grateful for. Of course, one of the items on our list was that we were grateful for each other!
Then, as the sun began to rise, Matthew stood up and hugged me so tight! He was so shaky. Then he kneeled down and presented me with a beautiful ring and asked me to marry him!
It was the happiest day of my life!

I love that every Thanksgiving is a reminder of that day for me. It was a day that obviously changed my life! I remember as we were riding off the mountain, I had the song "I'm the happiest girl in the whole USA" stuck in my head. 

I am so thankful that Matthew was willing to have me as his wife. I am so thankful that I get to be his wife. I'm thankful for the life that we are building together. I'm thankful that he has made me a mother. 
Everyone faces hard times and there is always something that we can better about ourselves, but with Matthew by my side, I can do anything! (Cheesy- I know, but true!) 

Matthew, Thank you for asking me to be your wife five years ago! I love you so much! 


No comments:

Post a Comment