Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Sorenson Twins

I know I'm late in posting my 28 week update...I just feel like I've been so busy. I really haven't...maybe lazy is a better word! Anyway, Matthew is taking his Sunday nap, so I figured now would be a good time to play catch up! 
 
I went in for my 28 week ultrasound on July 25 and got to see the babies again!
 
Baby B's face
Baby A's profile
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Aren't they cute!?
The doctors say that they are doing so good!
Little miss Cupcake (Baby A) is weighing in at 2 lbs 11 oz
and little miss Eap (Baby B) is weighing in at 2 lbs 15 oz!
I don't know if it makes sense for me to be proud of them, but I am! I was so worried about so many things at the start of this pregnancy, and to have them doing so well is such a relief! My blood pressure was okay at 28 weeks, and I now have doctor's orders to not clean my tubs/shower or vacuum. (Isn't that terrible news!) Haha!
Matthew and my mom and aunt have been awesome to help me! I am so grateful to have them. Matthew spent a lot of time yesterday helping me clean the house and then he went out and worked on the stuff in the yard that still needed to be done. He is such a great husband!
 
I keep saying that Baby B is going to be like her daddy. It seems like she is so content all the time. Until the last couple of days, I couldn't feel her moving around near as much as Baby A. Now I feel them both moving around pretty much all the time. Last night I was resting a bowl of ice cream on my stomach (yes, I use my belly as a table sometimes...it's easier than trying to fit at an actual table) and maybe it was too cold for them or something, but they were both kicking at the bowl so hard, I thought they might push it off my belly!
My goal lately has been to capture a video of them kicking and sliding knees or elbows or what have you across my belly, but I haven't been lucky enough to hit record at the right time. Hopefully I can get it on video before they are born.
Anyway, Matthew thinks that Baby B might be more like me because she ALWAYS gets the hiccups. If you know me, you probably know that I will just randomly hiccup - and it's really loud and obnoxious and there is only one. It's really weird. My friends used to tease me and call me a pterodactyl. It's great. So Baby B is always hiccupping, and I don't think I have ever felt Baby A with the hiccups. So who knows!?
Another funny story about Baby B: Aunt Patty took me to a demolition derby where at the end of the derby they had a fireworks show. The first "BOOM" from the fireworks actually scared my little Baby B! I felt her jump so hard! It was so funny!
I just am more and more amazed daily that there are two little babies - two actual little human beings that are going to grow up and have their own personalities, growing inside me! And the closer it gets, the more anxious and excited I get to bring them home. I am still nervous, don't get me wrong, but I think my excitement is starting to outweigh the nerves. I'm sure this will change when it comes time for us to actually bring them home, but for now, I guess I'll just let my excitement grow!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment