Thursday, November 11, 2010

ACT ENTHUSIASTIC & YOU'LL BE ENTHUSIASTIC, HEY!!!!!





2010 SkyView High School Colorguard

KOTO

I am so proud of my girls!!!!!!! However, let me start by telling you how nervous they made me at the beginning of the year! We had a really, really rough start. I didn't go into this season with very many returning girls because all my seniors graduated last year. I had about 18 (if I am remembering right) rookies this year. We have an awesome band director who planned a really smart show. It was one that was smart in that drill worked out well but it was easy enough to accomplish, but also challenging enough to keep the kids interested...for the bad. I think the guard was RUNNING in and out of every set for the most part! :D Plus we have an awesome choreographer who wrote some pretty hard stuff. To top it off, I wasn't there a lot this year because of my work schedule. I had heard a lot of parents at the beginning of the year talk about how worried they were about the guard, and how they looked so dirty, etc. etc. Anyway, honestly, up until the practice before our Red Rocks performance, I was still extremely nervous!
But my girls quickly changed my mind, had an AWESOME rehearsal and then went out and had an AMAZING performance!! It was so fun to watch their energy and see the flags spin together and see how much fun they were having!!!
Red Rocks is basically the championship competition for the season in Utah, and I was going to be proud of them anyway, and then we had our scores being announced and it turns out that my girls are:
THE NUMBER ONE COLORGUARD ON THE UTAH CIRCUIT!!!!

I'm probably the happiest director around! Not to brag (and I love A.F. and Davis) but my girls took first place over the guards that have been on top for the last, at least, 8 years! I'm so proud of them! I love them tons!
To top it off, we went to B.O.A. and competed against about 30 bands from Texas, New Mexico, California, Nevada and Utah and the SkyView High School Marching Band took

5th PLACE!!!!!

I love our kids! :D

This is what they really act like most of the time! They're SO pretty!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I know you worked hard and your girls worked hard for that. I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete